Dear DCE newsletter subscribers – a special welcome to new subscribers.
In this issue:
- Join our AGM on 10th October
- Join us as a Project Management Contractor
- Together we are making an impact
- Dorchester Streets Alive – 22nd September
Best wishes from DCE Directors: Alison, Derek, Emily, Henry, Rose, Tim, and Tom
Join us for our AGM on 10th October at 7pm (online)
You are welcome to attend our AGM whether or not you are currently a DCE shareholder. If you would like to attend please register and we will send you joining instructions. Please note the meeting will be recorded for record keeping purposes, and the recording will be destroyed once the record is agreed.
The meeting will include formal AGM business such as accounts approval and an update on DCE projects including a new share offer.
Join us as a Project Management Contractor
Can you help us to develop and install local renewable community energy projects in Dorset? We hope to issue a new share offer shortly, and have a number of potential sites for which we need project management support, which will include: site assessment, project development, installation management etc.
Full details here
We are making an impact!
Thank you for your interest and support in Dorset Community Energy – together we have achieved:
- Nearly half a million pounds of savings on energy bills in the schools, hospitals and community buildings where we have solar panels
- £12,500 of grants to support local communities to address fuel poverty and to support action on climate change and renewable energy
- 564 tonnes of carbon saved in 2023
- Produced enough energy to power 1458 homes.
Dorchester Streets Alive – 22nd September
This Friday is International Car Free Day, and Dorchester is hosting a ‘Streets Alive!’ event to celebrate. There will be a festival with stalls, music, activities, and demonstrations in the car park in the afternoon from 12.00-17.00. It will promote healthy living and eating, as well as sustainable transport and cleaner air. DCE have supported the event via the Community Fund and will have a stall there.
Full details here