Earn 5.5% with a low risk, ethical, local investment, that helps fight climate change, and benefits the community.
Thank you to those of you who have recently invested in our Reopened 3rd Share Offer. We reached our target of £194,000 in just 10 days so are now able to install a further 467kw of rooftop solar.
If you missed out and would like us to contact you in the event of subsequent share offers please send an email to:
Share Raise Target
Target Generation capacity
Shares invested to date
Generation capacity reached
About the share offer
In 2019, Dorset Community Energy raised £445,000 to install 700kWp of rooftop solar at schools and hospitals in Dorset. These installations are now complete: generating electricity and reducing carbon. The 2019 share offer was over-subscribed, and DCE have identified three more rooftop solar sites at Dorset schools, and are now seeking to raise £194,418 to install a further 467kWp of rooftop solar.
A summary of key facts is shown in Table 1 below.
|Offer period||10th May 2021 until the target is reached|
|How much can I invest?||Between £100 and £50,000|
|How much interest will I get?||The target interest rate is 5.5% (first payment expected following 2023 AGM)|
|How will I get my capital back?||The Society intends to repay capital in seventeen equal payments from year 4|
|Which schools will benefit?||Weymouth College, Linwood School, Sturminster Newton High School|
I want more information
- Full details of the Offer are found in the Covering Letter – DCE Reopening 3rd Share Offer and the Dorset Community Energy 3rd Share Offer Document.
- Those interested in investing are also advised to take professional advice.
- This share offer is not covered by the Financial Ombudsan Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- DCE’s annual accounts are available on the Members page.
- DCE’s Board of Directors can be viewed here.
OK I am ready to apply
Applications for shares are being managed by Sharenergy
You can apply:
- Online via this link
- Offline – download and print the Dorset Community Energy 3rd Share Offer application form and post it to Sharenergy (address below)
Whichever method you choose please ensure you make arrangements to pay for your shares either my BACs or cheque.
- Sharenergy website
- Tel: 01743 835242
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: The Pump House, Coton Hill, Shrewsbury SY1 2DP
All the documents in one place:
- Covering Letter – DCE Reopening 3rd Share Offer
- Dorset Community Energy 3rd Share Offer Document
- Dorset Community Energy 3rd Share Offer application form
The new sites:
We are planning to install solar panels at three schools these are:
- Weymouth College: 370kW
- Linwood School: 50kW
- Sturminster Newton School: 47kW
Where are DCE’s other solar installations?
DCE now has a total of 1100kW of solar photovolatic panels at: schools, community buildings and hospitals in Dorset.
You can see where these are located on our Locations page which also has the full listing