Dorset Community Energy is one of over 100 renewable energy Societies in the UK. These societies provide an opportunity for local investment of capital and local generation of income, as well as reducing our dependency on fossil fuels and the ‘Big 6’ to produce energy.
There are many ways you can get involved in a future that is less carbon intensive and less dependent on corporate bodies such as the ‘Big 6’ – the following web links should provide you with some ideas.
- Understand your footprint – http://calculator.bioregional.com/
- Reduce your footprint – http://sustainabledorset.org/
- Communities re-imagining and re-building the world – https://transitionnetwork.org/
- All about sustainable energy – https://www.withouthotair.com/
Community energy / investement opportunities
- Community renewable energy in England – http://communityenergyengland.org/
- Ethical investment – https://www.ethex.org.uk/
- Solar for schools – https://www.solarforschools.co.uk/
- Mongoose Energy – http://mongoose.energy/
- Sharenergy – http://www.sharenergy.coop/